From the Director WE DID IT! We received our certification that we are approved (again) by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, for National Accreditation. We received "Commendable" (100%) scores in eight (8) out of ten (10) of the NAEYC Standards. We received our notice in the middle of the "Week of the Young Child" fittingly and everyone, staff, parents and children were very excited with all the "celebrations" going on and happy to get the news. The 10 Standards (and scores) included:
1. RELATIONSHIPS: Commendable - 100%
2. CURRICULUM: Commendable - 81%
3. TEACHING: Commendable - 100%
4. ASSESSMENT: Commendable - 100%
5. HEALTH: Commendable - 100%
6. TEACHERS: Commendable - 100%
7. FAMILIES: Commendable - 100%
8. COMMUNITY RELATIONSHIPS: Commendable - 100%
9. PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Commendable - 95%
10: LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: Commendable - 100%
I'd like to thank all of our staff for the hard work and commitment to getting this done. This all started in December 2013/January 2014 and included many after hours/weekend efforts and a great deal of training and rearranging the entire school and adding new furnishings - oh, we also painted the entire interior. Everyone deserves the most praise and appreciation for all of the work and commitment. Now, let's turn to state licensing. Oh, yea, that happened on March 24, yes. Don't worry, I think we are in very good shape here as well. Especially after working on NAEYC Accreditation.
PS: Say "thanks" to your child's teachers.